Saturday, 8 February 2014

33. Be Afraid

I don't know about you, but fear has held me back from a lot of potentially awesome experiences in life. Whether it's resisting to start your own business due to a fear of failure, feeling obligated to step out in certain clothing or wear your hair in a certain way for fear of standing out, or even rejecting opportunities to go travelling alone due to fear of the unknown, I'm certain it has affected all of you at some point or another. Don't tell me you've never felt fear. Because I won't believe you.

What I do believe, however, is that being afraid is good for us. Fear spurs us on to overcome it, dares us to challenge it, wills us to supersede it and be freed from it. So I challenge you (and myself) to be afraid, and see where that feeling takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment