Monday, 6 January 2014

1. 60 Days of Thought

The idea behind this project came about late last year, after becoming accustomed to the many comments from friends and readers about my lack of frequency in writing on What Jasmine Thought. (In my defence, it's pretty challenging balancing a demanding full-time job, part-time learning, extra-curriculars, a social life and a commitment to regularly produce an engaging and well-written 1,000-word opinion piece!) I wanted to write more often, but couldn't figure out how to fit it all in (read: I was being lazy).

With today being a new day (and New Year - Happy 2014!) and all, I have made the decision to stop saying ("I knowww it's been aaagess since my last article, but I've, like, been soo busy, you know? I'm definitely going to write something next week") and start doing.

I want to make this as interesting as possible both for myself and for anyone who may be reading, so I may do a mini opinion piece on the African diaspora in London one day, some creative writing on nature another day, or a few sentences on something random I've seen or heard that day. No boundaries!* (that said, have a read of one of my favourite poems, Seamus Heaney's Markings)

If there's anything in particular that you think I should cover, tweet me (@whatjazzthought), and if I do fail to live up to the above, please pull me up on it?

*within reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment